January 1, 2019
Welcome to the Blasdel test lab
Our goal is to ensure your success. We will do our best to successfully complete testing of your parts in one of our numerous test ovens. We will select the oven for the best results based on information provided by you.
Requirements for design and testing setup:
- The specific goals you wish to accomplish…i.e. curing powder, drying paint or other liquids, forming plastic or heating material to specified temperatures, moisture dry-off, preheat, other drying or curing.
- Maximum part size to accomplish your goal.
- Maximum processing speed
- Power requirements for your facility where any future oven would be in use. Fuel type needed if gas or LP?
Requirements for testing:
- Five to ten parts are needed for multiple tests to determine the appropriate process. Testing of smaller sizes is easier as our test ovens. Maximum size for vertically hanging parts is 48” for temperature requirements above 500∘F and maximum 60” for less than 500∘ F. For parts conveyed horizontally, maximum part sizes are 24” W for top and bottom heat and 48”W for top only heat. High Volume air testing maximum part sizes are 24” W X 30” H.
- A minimum of 3 lbs. of powder coating or 1 gallon of liquid paint for finishing testing
- Your paint, powder, plastic or other material for testing along with all TDS and MSDS sheets. This is a Fire Department requirement.
- Your shipping instructions and account number for us to return all powders, paints, test parts and etc.
- Maximum three days for free testing
If all these requirements are not provided, testing cannot start.
Other than these requirements, there is no charge for testing for up to three days. Scheduling does need to be confirmed in advance for all testing.
Please contact Greg DeWitt. E-mail is email@example.com
Blasdel Enterprises, Inc.
495 W. McKee Street
Greensburg, IN 47240
Phone 812.663.3213 • Fax 812.663.4968