Welcome to the Blasdel Testing Lab
Blasdel Electric Oven Paint Room – Testing Lab
Our priority is to ensure your success by processing your parts in our testing lab. We will customize our testing process based upon your goals and the parameters that need to be set for your unique application. We will select the test oven for your best results based on information you provide. In addition, we will work to meet your objectives through rigorous testing of your parts in one of our numerous test ovens.
Information Requirements for the design and setup or your testing process:
- Your company’s specific goals or objectives that you wish to accomplish, such as: curing powder, drying paint or other liquids, forming plastic or heating material to specified temperatures, moisture dry-off, preheating, other drying or curing applications.
- Maximum dimensions of the part to be tested.
- Detailed Power requirements for your facility where any future oven would be in use. Fuel type needed – electric, gas or LP.
Physical Requirements for testing:
- Seven to ten parts are needed for multiple tests to determine the appropriate process. Testing of smaller sizes is easier in our test ovens. Specifically, maximum part size is 42” W by 42” H.
- A minimum of 3 lbs. of powder coating or 1 gallon of liquid paint for finishing testing.
- Your paint, powder, plastic or other material for testing together with all TDS and MSDS sheets. (The MSDS sheet is a National Fire Protection Association requirement and we cannot test without it per NFPA.)
- Up to three days of complimentary testing is offered.
Testing cannot begin until all of these requirements have been met.
Other than providing information and testing materials listed above, there is no charge for testing for up to three days. Scheduling does need to be confirmed in advance for all visits to ur testing lab.
Once testing is complete, we will share notes, observations, and suggestions along with DataPaq charts in a PDF format showing the results, times, temperatures, emitter type and configuration of the oven data compiled during testing.
You will also be provided with pictures/digital images taken during the testing process. Please feel free to reach out to our director of testing, Greg DeWitt, with any questions about your specific needs. His can be reached via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 812.663.3213.
Blasdel Enterprises, Inc.
495 W. McKee Street
Greensburg, IN 47240
Our full line of industrial ovens includes Paint and Powder Coating Ovens, Thermoforming Oven Systems, Adhesive Curing, High Volume Air and Convection Ovens plus material handling equipment.
Established in 1982, Blasdel Enterprises is an innovative leader for custom design and fabrication of industrial ovens and material handling equipment. With equipment in the field for over 35 years, our reputation shows that we excel at all heat and motion technologies. Our full line of industrial ovens includes electric infrared ovens, gas catalytic ovens, high-velocity air or convection ovens, thermoforming ovens and other custom ovens for curing or drying. To meet your short and large production run requirements, we build batch systems as well as indexing and continuous conveyor systems. The flexibility of your oven can be enhanced through the integration of special material handling systems, independent control zones and automated loading systems. Our ovens are built to NFPA-86 Standards for Ovens and Furnaces.
We are a UL-508A rated control panel shop for the US and Canada. Also, we can enhance your system by integrating conveyors, pick and place robots and other specialty equipment.
Blasdel Enterprises, Inc. is a family business focused on customer service and satisfaction. We have the capacity, to meet the needs of any size of corporation while providing affordable, energy efficient custom designed equipment.